Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theresainms

any interest in North MS plant swap/party?

theresainms
20 years ago

If so, please respond here or to my email. I'd love to have one and would be glad to try to coordinate things with some help :-) I'll post this in the get-togethers exchange as well.

Theresa in North Central MS

Comments (33)

• MagnoliaBelle
    20 years ago

Ooh! Me! Me! I will be out of town for the Extension office one on the 17th of April I think it is. I was so bummed out.

• theresainms
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I was thinking about trying for May 1st but need to figure out a central location. Need to get more people interested too I guess :-) If not, you and I can always meet up and trade what we've got LOL! I'll try to drum up some more 'bizness' for us.
    theresainms@cableone.net if you want to talk more about it.

• sfoakley
    20 years ago

I'm interested - Starkville area - put me on the list.

• mlwgardener
    20 years ago

Hello,

I live in Guntown, just north of Tupelo. Let me know what you plan and I will do my best to come.

I'm one of the "Worker bees" at the Middle Tenn Plant Swap that is being held on May 22.

Yes, the Master Gardener group in Tupelo and surrounding areas are holding their Spring Sale on April 17. It will be a huge sale and have many, many folks there. If you plan to attend, be early for best choices but know that they usually stay until the crowd stops around or shortly before lunch time. I just sent an email requesting the hours and will update this post ASAP.

Here's hoping that God has blessed you with this wonderful weather that we're having in NE MS and that he will bless your day with his loving Grace, Mona

• theresainms
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Tupelo swap sounds very interesting; I'll be looking forward to hearing more about that. Mona, your posts are always such a blessing; God's love shines through you!!

Theres in MS

• lindamarie
    20 years ago

I am interested in attending a swap....will drive anywhere!

Here is a link that might be useful: my exchange page

• theresainms
    Original Author
    20 years ago

I'm keeping up with the names who respond; maybe we can plan something for early October.

Theresa

• gln01
    20 years ago

I'm interested, If I can just come look, don't have anything to swap, but would be willing to buy if priced right, :), I'm located near Grenada Jennifer

• thorear
    20 years ago

Also located near Tupelo and would be interested in a swap. Please email me with details if yo get anything set up.

• mlwgardener
    20 years ago

Hi fellow Mississippi Gardeners,

I went to a small swap in Memphis Saturday. We had loads of fun, loads of plants to swap and boy did we talk, talk, talk! We have some really great parks in and around Tupelo, it sure would be nice to have a local swap. I don't mind helping one of you young gardeners with the details of the swap, but this old woman doesn't need to do all of it. So, someone step up and take the lead and I'll help! Yes, Fall would be great because summer is too fast approaching to have one now. Love to all and may God bless each of you with his loving Grace and some more of this absolutely beautiful Spring weather we are having, Mona

• ruth43
    20 years ago

I'm interested also

• liz_beth
    19 years ago

Theresa & all...

I'd be glad to host it at our library (no charge for facilities & will even spring for light refreshments....) Think we could work it out first Friday or Saturday in June?

I have no idea how to set it up, but I'll have the facilities ready & no one would have to worry about that....

• theresainms
    Original Author
    19 years ago

That's a great (and generous) offer Lizbeth :-) I have to work that Saturday but will help all I can with arrangements beforehand. Where are you located again?

Theresa

• liz_beth
    19 years ago

Well, look, no reason it can't be the 2nd weekend in June.... Or we could make it on a Friday. Let's see what the general consensus is from other GardenWeb folks.

We're in Calhoun County -- about 35 miles below Oxford. I'd do local publicity so we'd get lots of local people in for the swap in addition to we GardenWeb folks.

• mlwgardener
    19 years ago

If you decide to have one in June, please send me an email. I'd love to come. I'm so busy getting ready for the one in Middle TN on May 22 that I'm swapped right now, but when we get back the last week of May, email me with any questions you have. We have had 4 and this will be #5 so I can tell you how we go about everything. Of course, there is no set rules except one YOU MUST HAVE FUN!!!!

Love to all and may God bless you each and everyone with his loving Grace, Mona

• ruth43
    19 years ago

Liz_beth, I'm sure I could bring 2 or 3 friends with me and we could pitch in and help with refreshments. Doesn't matter to me which week-end.

• ctbig
    19 years ago

im in desoto county...let me know when

carol

• liz_beth
    19 years ago

Ruth & All.... I'm the local librarian & I had been considering doing this on a local level anyway. I just had no idea how to set it up. If someone will email me about the basics, I'll do press releases locally & involve our county. One of my local gardening buddies that I swap with a lot is editor of the local weekly county paper & she'll give us good publicity.

The refreshments are no problem -- the library has the budget for them and it's part of my job to provide programming for the community. You'll all be doing me a favor by telling me how to set it up & by attending. Really!

Everyone here on GardenWeb in North Mississippi is MORE than welcome to attend, in fact I might write the press release as the program being sponsored by the "North Mississippi GardenWebbers, a group of gardeners who share information and ideas via the internet...

Let's get on it, because the local paper would have info on it in the June 3 edition (deadline for press release would be Monday (MEMORIAL DAY) at noon.)

Anyone who wants to email me how to set it up or post here, please do so. I'm counting on y'all! :)

• theresainms
    Original Author
    19 years ago

June 12 would suit me better but I'll go with the flow of what everyone else wants. I can help lots after work & weekends to get things together or to hash out ideas, whatever. I just started a new job and am not comfortable asking for time off just yet :-) I'm in Grenada County so not too far from Calhoun County.

Theresa in MS

• theresainms
    Original Author
    19 years ago

http://www.rainyside.com/features/special_feature/plantswap.html

this link has some good info

theresa

Here is a link that might be useful: hosting a plant swap

• FlowrLady
    19 years ago

Hey everybody!!! Don't leave me out!! I can't come the first weekend, so I hope the 2nd one works out. I'm in north DeSoto County, but would LOVE to have a real Mississippi swap!! Calhoun County is okay, Tupelo is okay... I just think it's great that we're finally gellin'!!! Not yellin!!!

Send me any info that you guys come up with. I'll help if I can, from up here in Olive Branch.

FlowrLady

• liz_beth
    19 years ago

Okay, it is officially ON... June 12 in Bruce, MS at Jesse Yancy Memorial Library.

More details later -- everyone in North Mississippi (or wherever!!) welcome. I plan to do a brochure for you with area nurseries (the pickings are usually pretty slim, but you never know) and there's also a great unique candle place - Persimmon Creek Candles -- you may have seen them in some garden shops in Jackson, etc. How's that sound? :)

• ruth43
    19 years ago

Sounds great, lmk if you need me to help do anything.

• liz_beth
    19 years ago

Ruth:
    Theresa & I are going to talk via phone tomorrow to hash out details. If you have any suggestions for how to set it up, please email either of us before then.

I am going to ask the nurseries & shops I list in the brochure to donate a doorprize, so we'll have some pretty nice doorprizes, I hope!

EVERYONE is welcome to offer suggestions, so please just email either of us or post here.

• mom4ever_95
    19 years ago

do yall plan on doing this again? i think it would be fun also, never been to one.its now jan. hope for one in maybe spring
    thanks from
    amory, miss.
    darlene nelson
    (mom4ever_95)

• mississippichick
    19 years ago

I am new to gardening and would love to meet up- I don't have much to swap, but I'd be willing to buy!
    In Oxford area-will travel

• liz_beth
    19 years ago

Hi... I'm sort of swamped this spring, so maybe someone in another area could take this on this year?

• ace1
    19 years ago

I am interested. I'm in Desoto County. Just let me know where and when.

Thanks, Kathy

• DirtDiggingLady
    19 years ago

I'm in Olive Branch near Memphis, but I'm interested. Are you all having one? I have loads of little seedlings for veggies and a few for flowers that I started 3 weeks ago.
    Katie

• janet_ms
    19 years ago

I missed the swap last year, please, lets do another one as soon as possible... I'll help anyway I can.

• adamsmom
    19 years ago

I'd like to come, if it's not too far from Memphis. Who hosted the swap in Memphis? I would have love to have been there!
    Janey

• botanicalwonders
    18 years ago

im in leland, ms...would love to attend if its still gonna happen.
    Wes

• marla1950
    17 years ago

I live in Plantersville and really wanted to attend. Unfortunately have another obligation. Please let me know how it goes. Would be very interested in participating for a fall one. Don't have anything to swap but want to start some new plants. Thanks

Sponsored