Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Plant Listing for Trade around Baton Rouge

Posted by jasoninbrla South LA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 13:35

Hi Everyone,

I have seen from time to time people trying to get a swap meet together in the area for people to trade. These seem few and far between because of course, everyone has a schedule of other important activities.

I know this forum doesn't get alot of traffic. I believe that is because not many people propagate just to give away (well I do, but not many). I have alot of plants that if people wanted them, I certainly wouldn't mind starting them if they didn't mind waiting six months to get it. Or you could come cut your own.

How about this, along with gardening, I am pretty much a list nerd. I live and die by list. I currently have a list of over 100 different plants in my yard of which I have propogated about 30 for no reason other than just to do it.

I was thinking about putting my name with what I have available for trade along with what I could divide/start for someone if they were interested. Anyone else who would like to jump in and give me their list is also welcome. Everything would be done on a e-mail basis.

I would send out the list to everybody in the group and what they have on the 1st of the month and you could look over the list and if you see anything that interest you, you could contact that person and set something up.

I personally would like to travel around Baton Rouge and steal a cutting of this or a bulb of that. I mean, why pay a nursery for something when you can start it for free. Much more enjoyment that way and maybe make a friend or 2.

If interested, e-mail me at the forums address or at: lsutigersfan@eatel.net

Jason

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Plant Listing for Trade around Baton Rouge

That sounds like a great idea to me!

I have several plants in gal pots. I am sure I could start many more.

I am about 3 hours from Baton Rouge

o
RE: Plant Listing for Trade around Baton Rouge

Hey Jason

I'm in Baton Rouge too!
I'm am very interested in starting a plant exchange, but right now I do not have a lot of space. I should be moving to a house (with yard) w/n the next few months. My father gave me a lot of plants for Christmas, so I have plenty to trade.
I have ~65 red spider lilies, 5 easter lilies, ~100 (literally) orange daylilies, 3-4 iris types (6-30 of each), and 5 daffodil types (6-25 of each). I don't know what the Irises are right now, but (assuming they bloom) I'll have that info in a few months. The daffodils are comming up now, so I'll know what those are very soon. I also have Cuban oregano which I've had a lot of fun with and is very easy to propogate.

I'd like to get more edibles (fruit, herbs, edible flowers). Daylilies in something besides orange would be great.

I'd also like hibiscus, more daffodils, and lilies.

o
RE: Plant Listing for Trade around Baton Rouge

I too live in Baton Rouge around the LSU Area,I am looking for Passionflower vines,Nelly moser vines,Climbing roses,Kiwi Fruit,Gardenia,Confederate Jamine,or night blooming jasmine,bleeding heart*Dicentria*.Check out my list of seeds I have

o

Are any of you still around and interested in a group swap near Baton Rouge? Holler back at me.

o

Bayou, did you ever receive any responses about a group swap near B.R.? I live in Ville Platte. Thanks, Brigitte

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Louisiana and Mississippi are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here