Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasoninbrla

HAVE: Plant Listing for Trade around Baton Rouge

jasoninbrla
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have seen from time to time people trying to get a swap meet together in the area for people to trade. These seem few and far between because of course, everyone has a schedule of other important activities.

I know this forum doesn't get alot of traffic. I believe that is because not many people propagate just to give away (well I do, but not many). I have alot of plants that if people wanted them, I certainly wouldn't mind starting them if they didn't mind waiting six months to get it. Or you could come cut your own.

How about this, along with gardening, I am pretty much a list nerd. I live and die by list. I currently have a list of over 100 different plants in my yard of which I have propogated about 30 for no reason other than just to do it.

I was thinking about putting my name with what I have available for trade along with what I could divide/start for someone if they were interested. Anyone else who would like to jump in and give me their list is also welcome. Everything would be done on a e-mail basis.

I would send out the list to everybody in the group and what they have on the 1st of the month and you could look over the list and if you see anything that interest you, you could contact that person and set something up.

I personally would like to travel around Baton Rouge and steal a cutting of this or a bulb of that. I mean, why pay a nursery for something when you can start it for free. Much more enjoyment that way and maybe make a friend or 2.

If interested, e-mail me at the forums address or at: lsutigersfan@eatel.net

Jason

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living