Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Encore Azaleas....

Posted by lamedicineman LA 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 15, 05 at 6:13

I live in the Lafayette Louisiana area and would like information on where to purchase Encore Azaleas in my area other than Lowe's or Home Depot.Thank you-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Encore Azaleas....

If you can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot, you are lucky. I don't think it really matters because they all come from the same network of growers. You will just get a much better price at the big stores.

I love Encores, but here in Houston, they are somewhat rare. I told a seller that I guess I'm forced to start some from cuttings, and he said if I do, keep it quiet because the patent holder is very strict.

Good Luck

o

If you will e-mail me, I can tell you where to get over 15 varieties right around the Lafayette area without going to the Big Box. There is a difference in quality, such as how often they are watered, fertilized, and kept disease free. Do you think that the Big Box stores are going to give you this quality or take care of their plants like an independent would? Send me an e-mail.

o

Is it a secret that the rest of us are not allowed to share? I'd think it would help people who'd rather not shop at the big boxes if they had some leads for other places. I can't get out and scout for nurseries the way I used to before my husband got so sick he can't be left alone, but I might be able to go to the nearest, or even not the nearest, nursery if I knew where to go. Why can't you tell us all?

o

The Encore homepage has a list of retailers by state:

http://www.encoreazalea.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=affiliates.main

Hope that helps!

ceejay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here