Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Satsuma Trees/Seedlings

Posted by fruity_meg 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 5, 07 at 9:21

I'm in need of a Louisiana Satsuma tree or seedling. Can anyone tell me where to get some in LA or MS?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Satsuma Trees/Seedlings

Meg,

We bought two Satsuma Mandarin trees from the closest nursery to our house last February/2006. The trees were from the previous year's left over lot at the nursery but did produce about a dozen fruits each despite us not fertilizing them. Of our citrus trees, They did the best this winter so far despite a rather harsh January here in Bienville Parish.

I suggest buying your Satsuma trees from one of the Forrest Hill, Louisiana nurseries. They will be your best source for LA Satsumas. Otherwise, you will be stuck with the Home Depot/Lowes Satsumas grown most often in Texas and then trucked into our state.

Good Luck!

Will

o
RE: Satsuma Trees/Seedlings

• Posted by timh z8 E.Tx. (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 15, 07 at 2:57

Actually, any Citrus found for sale in La. will be grown in La.- it is not legal to buy out of state any more. Dept. of Ag. has stopped interstate imports due to Citrus canker. The ones you find at Lowes ect. are grown at a nursery way down South of N.O.
It does not really matter anyway, all can be good or bad, no matter where grown. The best price is the best one, all things being equal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here