Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiny Flies?

Posted by rabid_parrots (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 13:56

I don't know exactly what they are called, but they're the most annoying little things. They burrow into the dirt and spread their larvae all over whatever plants are nearby. Their number seems to double every other day and I haven't found anything that kills them except cold weather. I hadn't ever seen these things until I moved to Baton Rouge from Alabama. Does anybody know a way to get rid of them?

Diluted dish soap seems to have no effect other than holding them down for a few hours. :/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiny Flies?

They tickle dont they? Fruit fly/ fungus gnat or what ever you call them can be aggravating but there is not much that you can do. If you have fruit trees with fruit on the ground it helps to clean under the trees. Also some vinegar in a shallow bowl with a couple of drops of dish soap mixed together will capture some. They just drown in the mixture but I doubt that there is a solution to get rid of them completely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here