Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
daffodils starting to come up

Posted by bizzymomof3 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 13, 10 at 14:57

I live on the border of Pontotoc and Lafayette county in MS and it has been cold cold winter. I am enjoying seeing the first signs of daffodils. Seeing them begin to come up always puts a smile on my face I know spring is coming.

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: daffodils starting to come up

Hi Lisa, I live near Tupelo. Yes I am so happy to see the foliage of daffs coming up. I have so much to do, as always, in the garden. Yesterday was a beautiful day and hubby and I thinned out some trees with a long electric tree pruner, worked great. I also weeded, hoed, and pruned a little of what was ready to be pruned. Unfortunately I have a bum shoulder, flaring up now, but too bad I couldn't stop myself from working outside (today too) becoz it is going to get cold again and maybe snow.
Laurie in Lee County

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 14, 10 at 15:50

Laurie, what did the doctor say about your shoulder?

I noticed the paperwhites starting to bloom today, so I cut a few to put in the kitchen window.

o

Doctor said it is likely tendonitis/bursitis and put me on prednisone for a week. In 2006 that helped tremendously after I had moved here and went crazy in the yard, esp. using loppers and pruners etc.
I don't remember injuring it lately, so I guess it just flared up. If the prednisone (plus an exercise he gave me) don't help then do MRI to see if there is some big enough tear to surgically correct. But of course I am just going nuts this weekend with garden work, just moved a big heavy shasta daisy, that was tough. I guess the soil that came with it was just so heavy. But got alot of weeding done and some mulching with leaf compost. Well I think I'm in for the day, cooking now. Thanks for asking.
Laurie

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 14, 10 at 19:37

Hoping the drug helps ... along with the exercises. Did he mention physical therapy? I understand completely about the garden work ... it's hard to hold back when there's so much to do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here