our annual

Tree and Plant Sale

Saturday, March 12, 2005

8:00 am to 12 noon

at

Department of Parks & Parkways

2829 Gentilly Blvd., New Orleans

Bring a wagon or cart

DAN GILL WILL BE BROADCASTING HIS RADIO SHOW LIVE!

Large selection of

TREES & PLANTS

for sale!

Your opportunity to talk to the experts . . .

Urban Foresters,

Landscape Architects & Horticulturists

Click here to see a Partial List of the the trees and plants available!

For more information call 620-2224 or 286-2100

Coming from Uptown:

Take Broad Street toward the lake. Continue to the end of Broad Street as it turns into Gentilly Blvd., go three blocks, just past Dillard University turn left into Parkway entrance between two brick pillars, follow road in back of duck pond, turn left, go past cemetery, turn left at chain link gate into parking lot.

Coming from Lakeview and Metairie:

Take I-610 to Elysian Fields exit, turn left onto Elysian Fields Avenue heading north to the lake, go twelve blocks to Gentilly Blvd. At traffic light, turn left and go three blocks, a short distance past the traffic light at Norman Mayer Avenue turn right onto roadway before duck pond, continue past cemetery and turn left at chain link gate into parking lot.

Coming from Algiers and the Westbank:

Cross the Crescent City Connection, turn onto I-10 East, continue to the Elysian Fields exit, turn left onto Elysian Fields Avenue heading north to the lake, go twelve blocks to Gentilly Blvd. At traffic light, turn left and go three blocks, a short distance past the traffic light at Norman Mayer Avenue turn right onto roadway before duck pond, continue past cemetery and turn left at chain link gate into parking lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big plant sale in New Orleans!

Bummer! I am visiting New Orleans from MArch 4-8 - just missed it. Can anyone recommend good public gardens and commercial nurseries to visit? I grew up in NO, so I know how to get around. I miss Zone 9, so help appreciated!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here