Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pop-up ads

Posted by nanaboo z8BRLA (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 23, 06 at 20:44

I have not checked this website for some time, and I am really disappointed with so many pop-up ads . . . even some that are difficult to delete. anyone else with this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pop-up ads

Tell me about it! If I hear one more Crystal Light jingle I'm gonna.....

o

I'm with you, dude! Waaaay too many ads! Used to be quite a few ads down the side, but I could ignore them or read them as I chose, and mostly they were relevant to the site or sometimes even the thread. Sometimes really funny too. Now they're intrusive and annoying and maddening and make me go to other sites. Think that's what's happened to a lot of people. It's a shame. Got the Crystal Light ad before I could 'preview message'. Don't they realize that a lot of people will not only be turned off to the site but to the product when it's that obtrusive?

o

If you have a pop-up blocker, right click on it and have it block all the animated media. It will click instead of coming on. Give it a try.

Leubafr

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here