Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
which crepe myrtle to plant

Posted by beagardner 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 08 at 13:02

I want to plant a crepe myrtle on either side of the front walkway to my house. I prefer it to be closer to the house entry than to the street. Would like it to provide some shade also. My water line would be around 10 feet away from one of the CM. I want one that has great bark. Any suggestions would be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: which crepe myrtle to plant

I love the "Natchez," which are the white flowers and very disease-resistant. I had them at my last house and this one. The bark is beautiful. This is my first year at my new house, so I am anticipating the blossoms!

o

I have several crepe myrtle trees along my driveway. I think they are all Watermelon, an older variety with pink flowers. Dynamite is a red variety. I have a dwarf variety, but the name escapes me.

o

Thanks for the suggestions.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 21:22

In that location you need something that doesn't get too large. Acoma is a white-flowering CM with a gorgeous cinnamon-colored bark.

Here is a link that might be useful: Acoma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here