Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenelbows1

Festival des Fleurs--April 2 & 3 9am---5pm

greenelbows1
19 years ago

Just got home a bit ago from helping with the garden club show for part of this, and if you're within traveling distance of Lafayette I really think you'd enjoy a visit. Only about half the venders are there so far, but there are already a lot of great plants available. The garden club show has a number of more unusual plants as well as the things you'd expect that most of us grow. Nice display of orchids. The Bonsai Society hadn't begun to arrive yet but they will have a large display. Stunning hibiscus. I think people have asked on here about places to buy various gingers, and I see GingerWood Nursery has a space reserved. The Master Gardeners will have lots of vegetables and herbs as well as ornamentals. Good place to get tomatoes. There'll be other gardening supplies and equipment too--not lawnmowers and noisy stuff like we had a few years and couldn't talk over! I love just walking around and soaking up the atmosphere. Oh--Bill Fontenot's native plant nursery is always there. And you can get $2 off your admission with the ad in the Advertiser. Y'all come!

Comments (5)