Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
independencefarm

Any Organic Gardeners Looking for Living Situation?

independencefarm
18 years ago

I wonder if there are any organic gardeners or food growers who might want land on which to garden? I'd offer to just let someone grow, but I doubt anyone would want to commute back and forth daily from wherever like some urban community gardeners do. I'm in rural north central mississippi, and have 3 acres I'm not using.

There are lots of options, but I thought it would be great for someone who might not have the money to buy their own land and house, but who has organic gardening and/or lawn skills.

I live in the house and could rent out a room but if someone wants more privacy, they could convert one of the garages or the workshop into a studio-type apt., and just use the house bathrooms. I have a convection oven and a small frig. that could be used as well.

I'm willing to let someone live here for free if they can do something with the land that would require less work for me. Right now, it is almost all lawn that has to be mowed. I don't mind that at all, and don't want a riding mower, but I do mind the weeds, the patches of poison ivy, and the thorny stuff along the perimeter.

NON-smokers only. Please contact me if interested. I would be looking, of course, for someone who has proven skills or personal references.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner