Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
virginia34_gw

plant called Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

virginia34
16 years ago

I would like to know the botanical name plus information on taking care of this plant.

Comments (13)

• natal
    16 years ago

Here you go ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Brunfelsia pauciflora

• virginia34
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for the information. Now, to find out how to do cuttings. Virginia

• iris_lover
    16 years ago

I bought mine last year at a local plant sale.

Mine is now blooming and is beautiful. I potted it up last year and had it in my sun room. I knew nothing about them before, and just found out today (after I googled) that it is poisonous (also to dogs)

zones 9-11 so I will have to continue growing mine in a container

I love the 3 colors from purple, lavender to white

marie

• virginia34
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I have mine in a large container and it is blooming beautifully. Do you know how to get cuttings started from this plant. Thanks again.

• grandad_2003
    16 years ago

The plant will send out underground runners which will emerge as new plants. Just dig up these and pot or relocate to a new area.

• virginia34
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all of the help. Virginia

• iris_lover
    16 years ago

From the link that Natal provided, it says that you can propagate from tip cuttings of new growth in spring and summer.

marie

• virginia34
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again for the help. Cannot wait to try and start a baby plant.

• jockewing
    16 years ago

I live in Slidell, Louisiana. On some maps we are zone 9a, others 8b. I would say we are most years 9a with occasional 8b years. The past 4 or 5 years I don't think it's gone below 23, this last winter the lowest temp I saw in my yard was 27. I find the Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow is hardy here. I have one in the ground in my yard. It looks healthy but has hardly grown. I think it might be too close to the crape myrtle, and the crape is hogging most of the water and fertilizer.

I bought one for my grandmother at the same time, and hers has done beautifully. It is now about 3-4 feet tall after about 3 years and is literally COVERED in blooms at this time that are highly scented. Hers is in a bed at the corner of her brick house, lucky for her without competition from tree roots.

I would say if you are near the Gulf in that 8b/9a twilight zone, go ahead and put it in the ground, especially if you have a spot on the south side of your house. 9 out of 10 years you should see no damage, and those rare years it dares to act like an 8b winter for 2 or 3 nights, cover it.

• virginia34
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Can this plant be started from the seeds it produces?

• virginia34
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Has anyone started this plant from seeds? Virginia

• Vbeair
    11 years ago

I just bought this plant this weekend. I loved the blooms but did not know it was poisonous. I have mine in a large pot and am hoping it will do well. I was told that it needed to be in the shade, maybe a little morning sun. Is that true. Our summers here in Calif get so very hot so I have it where it gets no direct sun at all.

• grandad_2003
    11 years ago

My plant is adjacent to our house (under the roof overhang) and receives full afternoon sun. It is not in a pot and it is doing very well. It would probably do just as well if it were in a pot -- assuming I kept it watered.

Sponsored