Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
roses and care in NE MISS

Posted by louisianagal z9seLA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 7, 06 at 22:25

I would appreciate any help from rose gardeners in the Tupelo MS area.
I've relocated here from SE Louisiana after Katrina. I have successfully grown Climbing Pinkie, Altissimo, Joseph's Coat, Knockout, Belinda's Dream, The Fairy in Louisiana.
What can I grow here? It seems Knockout works well here. I am interested in red or pink climbers or shrub roses (easy care, no spray, and blooms alot). Any help or advice you can give is appreciated, esp. dealing with rose care in colder temps than I am used to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: roses and care in NE MISS

Hi, I'm from around Batesville....welcome to MS!

Some easy care roses to try that I have in my garden and haven't had a minutes trouble out of are:

Flower Carpet rose ground cover - gets about 2 - 3' wide and tall.

Don Juan climbing rose.

And ofcourse the Knock Out.

I also have (3) hybrid teas: (1) Miranda and (2) Peace
I won't say these are easy care, but if you use "Bayer Advanced's 2 in 1 systematic rose and flower care" it makes taking care of them much easier. Feeds and protects from bugs.

Hope this helps!
Happy Gardening in MS!

o
RE: roses and care in NE MISS

• Posted by jim2k mississippi (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 21, 06 at 17:51

Have no fear any thatyou named will grow where you are now. good luck Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here