Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardnpondr

Pine straw rake ?

gardnpondr
16 years ago

Hi, I need some info on making a pine straw rake. I have a bad back and every spring I wind up over doing in my yard trying to rake my pinestraw for these flower beds. Right now I am having to rest and use the ice pack and I am tired of this. :( So I asked for a pine straw rake that I can pull behind my lawn mower for my Mothers Day present. Someone had told me you could get the tine things at Lowes if someone could weld them onto something. I am wondering if they knew what they were talking about now because I don't seem to find anything like that on the Lowe's site. My DH welds so I figured he could build me one if we could find the rake/tine part. I just can't find out any info on it. I just need to know where I can get the tines I guess is what you call them. Then DH can make the bar to weld them to and the tongue for hooking it to the lawn mower. Anyone know of where I can find what I am looking for? I know the dump rakes are out there IF you can find them. :( All I am wanting to do is rake my own pine straw, NOT go into business here. :) Thank you for any help you can give me.

Comments (7)

Sponsored