Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gator_01

Rhododendron

gator_01
17 years ago

Hello everyone, Im from the Monroe area. I was curious if anyone in this area has/had grown Rhododendrons??

Comments (5)

• tamivileine
    17 years ago

Um,

Azaleas are everywhere. Azaleas ARE rhododendrons...

sea ya
    tami

• gator_01
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What can I say, duh. Im all red and embarassed now but I really didnt know that.
    Thanks
    Im just an ignorant man trying to lessen my ignorance.

• tamivileine
    17 years ago

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across rudely, but I was confused about the question since...

I'm learning that if I go do research either by searching the Gardenweb site for keywords or by searching Google (or your favorite search engine) for keywords, I usually find the answer to my question and a lot of interesting things besides.

sea ya
    tami

• curdog007
    17 years ago

I've tried rhododendrons before on the MS Gulf Coast with 100% failure. I'm told that it's to hot here. I was visiting my daughter in Hover AL and I could not resist buying two at Pikes Nursery. Just beautiful. I passed this on to a transplant yankee friend and she laughted and said I should take a picture now because they will sone be gone.
    Lynn

• lalady7
    17 years ago

I bought a rhododenrun from Pushepetappa Gardens in Franklinton, La several years ago and it is still alive and doing fairly well. They have selections for this area. Their phone is 504-839-4930 email "jthornton@i-55.com"

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living