Anyone growing these? Opinions please!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japanese anemone

Do you have a photo?

o

HI there ,
I grow Japanese Anemones. Actually I have started to collect them.What would you like to know?

o

wwhyte---How tall do they get? Are they branching or single stem plants? Do they want/need shade or sun? Do they need feeding regularly? Well drained soil? Drought tolerant or not? Minimum temps tolerated? Any other info you might find useful.
Thanks. From pictures I have seen they look beautiful.

o

My impression is they don't tolerate our high winter temperatures very well. I have had some for hmmm--can't remember how many years now, at least five or six, and they never do much of anything. They're quite hardy, and I've heard can be even a bit invasive in climates they really like, but they sure aren't for me! There's a leaf here, and a leaf there, and they look healthy enough, but I never get those gorgeous fall flowers. Shade growers I think, as are most anemones. I love anemones of every kind I've ever seen but haven't found any that really do well here. Certainly can't pretend to be much of an expert, except in trying ones that want more winter chill apparently.

o

Well I tried them only once and they never even came up at all ,I figured they don't do well here either!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here