Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smpauley_gw

My brothers funeral plant is dying, please help identify?

smpauley
16 years ago

Hi,

I have a plant from my brothers funeral which was in Jan. 2007 The lady at the funeral home removed all identifying tags from every plant. I have one that I cant figure out what it is and cant call the flower shop because we dont know where they all came from. It is in very bad shape, and is dying. I have been wattering it once a week, but not knowing what it is I cant properly care for it. I am feeling pretty bad because I am killing it. Can someone please help me identify this dying plant and maybe give me info on how to save it PLEASE?

ABOUT THE PLANT (As accurate as I could, I am not a plant person, but tried researching):

Leaf shape: Oblanceolate or Elliptic

Leaf Apices: Acute

Leaf Bases: Cuneate

Leaf Types: Palmate or Digitate

Leaf Margins: Entire (smooth all around)

The plant from the soil has many long thick stems growing upward, (the roots are really coiled around in the pot)which has stems coming from them that hold the leaves. The leaves almost look like they grow out into a circle like a flower but it has no flowers just all leaves, they have between 6 and 9 leaves on the end of each stem. I have a link to some photos, but if it does not work, I could send a picture to anyone willing to help. Thanks in advance. Sheila

Here is a link that might be useful: 3 pictures of my plants

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!