Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy New Dawn Rose?

Posted by rhapsdy z8-9 La. (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 15:38

Does anyone know where I can purchase this climbing rose in or around Baton Rouge or southern La or Miss? I am looking for a re-blooming fast growing rose for a fence and arbor and was told this one would do well. It's also the color I am looking for - which is a soft blush. However - I'm having a hard time finding a place to purchase this rose. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy New Dawn Rose?

I have some rooted cuttings of this rose and maybe one in a gallon pot. What do you have to trade? Email me.
Nancy

o

I know it would be easier and probably less costly to find one locally, but I have ordered several roses from Antique Rose Emporium. You can find them online. They are in Texas but very reputable and I've always gotten good roses from them, packaged well. I got a New Dawn last year and it is already a monster and bloomed like crazy just recently. Beware, this rose gets big!
I'm from St Bernard and you might try The Garden Spot in Slidell. It is a beautiful garden center I always love to visit and so do my mom and good friend who live down that way. Or try Perino's in Metairie (not sure if it's still there), on Veteran's Blvd.

o

Clegg's and Naylor's hardware are the best places to get New Dawn in town. You can order it from Chamblee's, Antique Rose Emporium, David Austin and many other on-line vendors.

o

Thanks guys - for some reason the board didn't email me when I had replies here. I was lucky and someone on garden web had some cuttings that were rooted and gifted them to me! woohoo! :D Now praying that I can keep them alive until they are big enough to go in the ground. :) This works for me this season as the area I want to plan it in isn't ready yet. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here