Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomatoes

Posted by ilovejesus Mississippi (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 04 at 9:12

I am really flustered...last year I planted tomatoes and had none!
This year I planted 4 tomatoes they are gorgeous Big..Very healthy looking...and blooms all over them..BUT NO FRUIT???
Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomatoes

• Posted by jim2k mississippi (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 18, 04 at 11:18

Are the blooms falling off if they are you have bloom rot there is a spray I think.Try growing your on plants from seed less chance of diseased plants.good luck Jim

o

I tried for four years in the ground and got a few tomatoes in May and then when the rain came around in June, I stopped getting any and my plants drowned. This year I planted three plants (Early Girl, Better Boy and Creole) deep in huge pots (18 inches tall and 15 inches wide) in good potting mix very early in March and hauled them under the porch when it got chilly. Could you be having too much rain to polinate your tomatoes? I have at least 40 or 50 tomatoes right now from these three plants and would have had more but for the caterpillars. Maybe try planting early next year and try some early fruiting varieties (early girl) in raised pots.

o

• Posted by CGreen z8Mississippi (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 21, 04 at 6:08

Try shaking each plant to help in pollination. I was having same problem until I posted on Tomato Forum and this was advice given to me.
I am now eating tomatoes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here