Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rooting agapanthus pups

Posted by showrfresh z8 MS (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 11:19

I purchased two agapanthus Ellamae plants over the weekend. I divided them before I planted them because there were at least three big plants in each pot. I guess I was a little too rough when dividing because four of the pups snapped off while I was sawing through the roots and crowns.

Can I root these pups? They have some crown on them, but no existing roots. I am wondering if I can put them in a little water and root them.

Lisa in central Mississippi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rooting agapanthus pups

Is there green wood?

o
RE: rooting agapanthus pups

When seperating my agapanthus I have been pretty ruthless, and thus wound up with some rootless chunks of plants. Just for the heck of it, I've stuck them in the ground with zero expectation of survival and they've popped up each spring as readily as those delivered with TLC.

Don't know if this will work for you but mine have divided so prolifically that wrestling them out of the roots of my azaleas is oftentimes not pretty, but they always survive.

Having said that, my friend in Natchez, 60 miles or so due East of me has very little luck ever getting his to overwinter in the ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here