Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name those good seed, bulb and plant catalogs

Posted by quiltingfox 8 LA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 16, 08 at 22:06

My garden is in its beginning stages. Would love to know what catalogs have quality seed, bulbs, plants and good customer service. Would like catalog names and your opinions.

Thanks,
Quiltingfox

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name those good seed, bulb and plant catalogs

I have compiled a list of sources for anyone interested. Go to www.freewebs.com/kathy547. Click on favorite websites. Most I have not ordered from but I tried to make sure they had good ratings from Garden Watchdog before I submitted their name.

o

We have had good luck with Stark Bros., go online and order free catalog. ( I am in Gulfport, Ms) Good gardening, Nancy

o

A favorite of mine for bulbs is Brent and Becky's Bulbs. Good rating with Garden Watchdog too. ForestFarm is excellent, tho' I haven't ordered for awhile. Incredible numbers of plants!

o

Plant Delights Nursery is a great company. They are in (North? South?) Carolina, zone 7, so if it grows for them, there's a very good chance it will grow for us. Their entire catalog is online. Their prices are somewhat high, but they carry alot of plants you can't get anywhere else. Their plants are great and their service is excellent.

I also really like ForestFarm (absolutely huge selection), Lazyssfarm (web only: great selection as reasonable prices as I have found), GreerGardens (big selection, big plants, reasonable prices).

I second the motion for Brent and Becky's Bulbs. I also use McClure and Zimmerman and YuccaDu alot.

For seeds, I like DianeSeeds, which is an internet company. She gives alot of seed for the price and her instructions are excellent. GardenMakers, also on the net, carries very unusual seeds, also with good directions. I also like and use Nichols Seeds (GREAT vegetable selection and prices, plus unusual annual flowers), Park Seeds, and Burpee.

I'm glad to see some activity on this forum! I haven't checked in for a long time, and had almost forgotten about it. (Bored on the FIFTH rainy day from Fay in a row. Seven inches of rain and counting...not that I'm complaining.:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here