Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

Central Louisiana Gardeners

quiltingfox
15 years ago

Would like to meet other gardeners in central Louisiana. If you are out there please give me a follow-up posting. I am mostly into growing flowers currently.

Best to you,

Quiltingfox

Comments (6)

• candy_holt
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I live in Lessville, Louisiana.

• taffyj
    15 years ago

Hello,
    I'm in Alexandria, near Home Depot. I have a small city lot, but am enjoying doing what I can with limited land. We have a koi pond, rabbits, a worm bin, and a compost tumbler. I don't have a lot of room for a traditional garden right now because the kid's swimming pool takes up much of the backyard. When it comes down, I'll be putting in a fall garden.
    I'm disappointed this year because I haven't seen a single honeybee, and almost nothing is getting pollinated. Yields in the veggie garden are low, with no pollinators and lack of rain. Is anybody else around here not seeing any bees?
    Bridget in Alex.

• quiltingfox
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am happy to meet both of you local gardeners. Hoping there will be more activity on this post.

Please do NOT post advertising on this post. This is strictly a meet and greet post.

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• Donna
    15 years ago

I live in east central Mississippi, probably a straight line east from Alexandria. I have been gardening for more than two decades, anyway. I mostly grow flowers and ornamental shrubs and trees on a little over an acre. I plant in mixed (somewhat) English style borders that contain trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, and bulbs. I also enjoy designing gardens for friends and family.

• brandyfguillory
    11 years ago

Hi, I am in Pineville, La. New to this site and have only been gardening a couple years. Do you folks know if there is a local garden club? If not I believe I would love to start an informal club here in CenLa. My grandmother raised me and was always a very active member of her garden club. I believe I have inherited her green thumb (I like to play with plants in the dirt anyway). I also have some plants to swap if anyone is interested, I would love to expand my plant portfolio!

Brandy F Guillory

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

• lovevintage
    11 years ago

Hi,I'm in Ville Platte. Nice to meet you, fox, candy, taffy, donna, and brandy. I would be interested in joining you.
    I am thinking of pulling out all of the pinks in my front flower bed (fully grown knockout rose bushes and a few azaleas). I would want to trade for things of approximately equal value- plants, vintage items, etc.
    My house is white siding, black shutters, and red door. I want to better match house colors. Any suggestions of plants, shrubs to replace the pinks would be greatly appreciated. I posted a Christmas pic and roses didn't show and azaleas are on side of house.
    Thanks, Brigitte

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?