Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenkins_gw

Northeast Mississippi Gardeners

Jenkins
20 years ago

Anyone here from Booneville/Tupelo area ?

Jenkins

Comments (47)

• FlowrLady
    20 years ago

I'm from Olive Branch...Tupelo's about an hour away

• mlwgardener
    20 years ago

Hello, I'm from Guntown, about 10 miles north of Tupelo on Hwy 45. Mona

• nita1027
    20 years ago

Hello from Oxford.
    Nita

• lbrazil
    20 years ago

Hey, I am North of Smithville, Ms. There are a lots of us near you. Larry

• Plumcrazy
    20 years ago

Yup...I Here **Waving**. I'm in the edge of Booneville. Heres my newest blooming treasure. Was taken from a tiny cutting this spring and the base now is over an inch in diameter and 6 feet tall. Only bad thing is, The buds open and close while im at work. Drop off the next day. Today is the first day i've gotten to see them first hand.
    Have a great day!
    Plumcrazy

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Caroline

• slcdms
    20 years ago

Hello from Dumas, just outside of Ripley
    Sandra

• Plumcrazy
    20 years ago

Hi again,

Broke a lower limb from the hibiscus. First time that i have ever tried to root anything using the root powder. Will let you know how it turns out. Below is a link to some of my pictures of flowers and things. I have 2 unknown roses that is not on the page. A red one and a yellow one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of my flowers

• pondguys
    20 years ago

New Albany here....

• hollyhock4me
    20 years ago

Oxford here. Just joined and I am having a great time.

• mlwgardener
    20 years ago

If any of you gardeners are interested in an "In Person" plant swap being held in Middle Tn in Sept, email me.

May God bless your day with his loving Grace, Mona

• glynn
    20 years ago

Starkville here - originally from Ashland - Benton County.
    My garden has about played out. Found lots of squash bugs and their eggs yesterday. I picked them off and squashed them.

Had the worst tomato crop ever. None were much larger than a golf ball and they are all now deceased. One third of my small garden was broadcast with zinnias, marigolds, vinca and other annuals (10 seed packs for $1). They are doing well with the regular rain we've received this summer. Not very edible though.

About time to plant some mustard I reckon.

• AmyMcKay
    20 years ago

I'm in Columbus.

• skedwards
    20 years ago

Hi there everyone!! I'm just north of Smithville. I'm so proud to see so many other NE MS garden lovers here!!

• lilygirl2
    20 years ago

Hi from Houston and Houlka. South of Tupelo.

• sewme40
    20 years ago

HI I am from Lake Mohawk, justWest of Boonevill.

• slowlane
    20 years ago

I'm in Eupora, about 30 miles west of MSU.

• dfishereNEMS
    20 years ago

Corinth here.....just bought a house and looking to start a great garden here in Corinth

• simmonsbearhugs
    20 years ago

HI......I'm in Byhalia, Ms. Can't wait until spring.

• pumpkin_man
    20 years ago

Hello from Fulton,MS.Spring has nearly sprung and i can't wait to plant my giant pumpkins.

• mandy_g
    19 years ago

Hi - Just joined from Tupelo!

• flowernanny70
    19 years ago

Hi,

Saltillo here. New to the Garden Forum.

Dorris

• ctbig
    19 years ago

hello from horn lake ... nw corner of ms
    carol

• Judy_M
    19 years ago

Hello Guys,
    FlowerNanny70 and I met this afternoon to trade some plants, if anyone else wants to do the same let me know. I make trips to Tupelo every 2 weeks or so and into Corinth once a week.

Judy

• janet_ms
    19 years ago

I'm from Mantee.

• liz_beth
    19 years ago

From Bruce-- about 50 miles below Tupelo, 35 below Oxford.

And just where the heck were all y'all when we had the first North Mississippi Garden Webbers Plant Swap here in JUNE!???!?!? :)

• ruth43
    19 years ago

I'm from Mathiston.

• mississippi_lily
    19 years ago

Hello to everyone,I live in Grenada Co. ,just on Calhoun Co.line,better known as BIG CREEK.Sorry I missed the plant swap in June.Didn't know about it .

• sfoakley
    19 years ago

Starkille here - I had to work the weekend of the plant sway - don't you think we could arrange another one- soon!

• MidnightPurple
    19 years ago

Marietta here -- that's between Mantachie and Booneville for those unfamiliar. :)

• botanicalwonders
    19 years ago

Fulton reporting in...

• Sontag1944
    19 years ago

Cumberland community

• bloomingaddiction
    19 years ago

So glad to see all of you great NE MS gardeners....Dennis,MS (a wide spot in the road)between Iuka and Fulton and 26 miles E of Booneville. How about a Fall plant swap?

Tanis

• msdixi
    18 years ago

Oxford here

• southernsam
    18 years ago

Caledonia here, just North of Columbus.

• craft4fun
    18 years ago

I live in Corinth, MS

• jackofalltrades11
    18 years ago

I am form the big town of Hatley, MS that is just east of Amory. I just found this forum today, but I will be checking in from time to time. I was surprised to see so many from our area.

• lanemoss
    18 years ago

I'm just about to move into a house out in the country near Columbus--in very alkaline prarie soil. I would really love to hear any recommendations for trees and shrubs (especially fragrant ones) that grow well in heavy sweet clay. Also has anybody grown parrot tulips and trumpet or oriental lilies this far South? Finally does anybody know where I can get fruit trees that might grow for me? Somebody said I could grow apples if I had the right rootstock. Thank you--Lane

• daylilydude
    17 years ago

i live in tishomingo,ms

• coltrane
    13 years ago

Im from Grenada. I grow lots of palm trees and other stuff you cant buy at walmart.

• pskemissy
    13 years ago

I'm a new member.....been lurking for a long time. Tomnolen/Eupora area.

• wmmallette
    13 years ago

New Albany here!

• campbellms
    13 years ago

Here's Kossuth , MS!

• ricker1958
    13 years ago

Hey all!! I'm in Caledonia. Gearing up for the season. Have tomatoes and peppers under grow lights and they're doing great. I grow all in containers, trying drip irrigation this year. It's great to connect with local folks!

• janet_ms
    13 years ago

I'm from Vardaman. By the way, our Friends of the Library will be having a plant sale on May 21 here at the library. Last year we had everything priced from 1 to 2 dollars, had a TON of stuff donated and sold out by 10:30. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get you a list of the things offered closer to the date.

• nmsgardener
    13 years ago

Hi, new member from Holly Springs, Ms. Great site!

• backyardgrown
    12 years ago

Northwest MS here. Batesville!

• Bojum
    9 years ago

Hello.
    I just found this website. COOL!!!!!!
    My wife and I just moved here from San Diego CA to the Amory / Nettleton area. The wife is the gardener and I do what I'm told. We've got a little bit of space and a pond to work with. I guess I have a lot of reading here to do.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction