Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TWO hummingbirds!

Posted by tamivileine z8b OS,MS, US (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 23, 06 at 10:34

I was so stoked to see not one, but TWO out here, I just had to tell someone...

I always get the 'single female' every year, but here lately there's another h.bird. Single female chases the other about, so I've put up another feeder. I believe it's another female.

Now if I can find the rain frogs... they've all gone since Katrina. And there's not many house geckos or chameleons (Carolina anoles) either, although I've been seeing a few baby chameleons.

It's funny, too... my friends on the Dog River in Mobile say the rain frogs are driving them nuts. I tell 'em to trap 'em and send my way...

sea ya
tami

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TWO hummingbirds!

Tami, congratulations! We have a few, but not so many that I have to refill the feeders more than twice a week. They seem to use the flowers a lot more than the feeders.

Are rain frogs the same as tree frogs? I haven't seen any this year, but I hear 'em outside my office windows.

o

Near Picayune, Ms, we have the frogs everywhere. Hummers are coming to our two feeders again after disappearing for a while, but no Lizards. Don't know if they were here before Katrina because we weren't..Bob <><

o

Hey Tami,
The rain frogs are abundant over here and lots of lizards and their babies hatching frequently. Lots of other weird bugs have started showing face but nature is so cool I hate to complain. The hummers are starting to feed like it's late August maybe cause it sure feels that way. My favorite black snake has even come home. It took almost a year but things are kinda getting back to the way they used to be. It really didn't happen until we filled up with plants and it started raining then nature just fell in to place. Just have faith it's gona get better.
Take care,
Glenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here