Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving Variegated Ginger

Posted by dumbunusedid z8_Slidell_LA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 15:54

We planted a variegated ginger in a side bed a year and a half ago. They made it through Katrina but a nearby shade tree did not. as a result, the entire bed is getting blasted by the sun from sun up to sun down. It is not doing well. We would like to move it to the backyard where we have more shade and some other gingers growing really well. Typically I would not try to move a plant this time of year but I do not know if it will make it through the rest of the summer at this rate.

1) Any hints on moving a ginger?
2) Any hints on if it is possible to move it this time of year?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving Variegated Ginger

There's more than one kind of variegated ginger, you know, so I may guess wrong. Actually, any plant that's already in trouble and might not make it, it's hardly that big a risk to move it, is it? Give it a good soak, move it in the evening with a good root ball, give it a little extra protection for a few days, keep it moist--shouldn't be a problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here