Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
McComb Tomorrow

Posted by FlowrLady 7/MS Olive Bran (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 16:40

I'm heading to McComb in the morning, 4:00 a.m. Will be there most of the day, then home. What do I need to see while I'm in McComb?

It might be too hot to go outdoors, but I'd like to look around if anyone knows of any interesting things to do there.

I'm from North MS, so McComb should offer something different... let me know!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: McComb Tomorrow

How was your trip?

o

It was tiring. We had a good time - 5 hours down there, 5 hours at the reunion, 6 hours back. My little grandkids had it the roughest! I didn't see anything in McComb except Piercy Priest state park. We were in the Shriners Building. There are five cousins left in my mother's generation, and four of them were there... Three of them belong to my grandfather. I feel blessed to still have them. My great grandfather and grandmother had about 11 kids, so you know there used to be a LOT of cousins, and my grandfather's children are still around! Of course, two uncles and one aunt has passed.

I like to go because I am getting to know people who were never around when I was growing up, and they are my relatives! My son enjoys it; and, of course I like to show off my grandchildren. My daughter-in-law is adopted, so she doesn't have any 'blood' relatives to be a part of, although she has a beautiful family that she's just as big a part of as if she'd been 'born' to them. There is no other event exactly like a reunion.

Thanks for asking!

o

Percy Quinn is a great way to spend a couple of days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here