Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In your Garden

Posted by louisiana_girl 8Central La. (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 20:07

What have you got growing in your garden?I still have hibiscus,Angel trumpet,and a few others.I posted a message on exchanges so take a look.Thank You
louisiana_girl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In your Garden

I have Hibiscus, Roses, Clematis, Crepe Myrtles, Coleus, Mandavella, Begonia and Caladiums. Some of them are getting a bit tired looking and need a drink every day. sDogwood

o

Hoo, listing everything in my garden would take a book! I have some hardy hibiscus, iochroma (a member of the same family as angel trumpets, brugs, which I also have, but without a common name I think) a dozen or so different alocasias, colocasias, xanthosomas (elephant ears) a lot of different begonias (I like to collect things, and seldom have more than one of anything!) hmm--different gesneriads. I've been collecting hardy ones lately, and have a number of sinningias and a seemannia (formerly gloxinia) that are doing quite well. And other stuff too--quite a number of things seem to like this weather better than I do at the moment, tho' having them do so well helps me too!

o

I have Eleanor Tabor indian hawthorne and Pleasant White and Renee Michelle azaleas as foundation plants. Plenty of lantana, a sweet olive shrub, juniper, mexican petunias, and a hydrangea balance out the rest of the front beds. In the back I have plenty of azaleas, more lantana, gazania, hosta, irises, daylilies, and another hydrangea. A few grasses like blue fescue and three large "cabbage" palms.

o

I have a few in my garden, I'm a newbie. I have elephant ears, dahlia, bearded iris, gladiolus, and looking for some plants to plant for the fall. Any suggestions?

thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here