Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transport Florida Plants to Gautier MS

Posted by maltesebev 9FL (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 8, 06 at 21:10

I am moving to Gautier MS. from Daytona Florida in the next few weeks. I would like to bring some of my outdoor plants such as Hibiscus, Bird of Paradise, Blue Daze, amaryllis, oleander and my mango tree that I have grown from seed and is now about 3 ft tall and many others that grow well outside here. Will they be able to be grown where I am going? From what I have heard and read, the weather is very similar as here. I am ready to dig up but want to know what will survive.
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transport Florida Plants to Gautier MS

They should do fine. Daytona is zone 9, maybe even 9b. I remember last time I was there they had pretty much the exact same climate and plants as Galveston, TX. Semi-tropical. Lot of hibiscus, BOP, oleanders, mango, etc. Good luck with the move. Tally HO!

o

They should do great. We grow all of that here, so they should do fine.

Good luck with the move and welcome to MS

o

Welcome to Gautier. I grow 4 of the plants you have.
Hope you like it here.

Helena

o

They will do fine

WITH WINTER PROTECTION.

Gautier is ZONE 8, and we do freeze in the winter. It is colder here than either Daytona or Galveston (lived in Galv, been to Daytona)

Just watch for those subfreezing days and protect those babies...

sea ya
tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here