Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodsgranny

here we go again

WOODSGRANNY
15 years ago

don't ya just hate hurricanes?! like rita didn't do enough,a damn man's gonna try it.

patricia

Comments (6)

• mrskjun
    15 years ago

LOL patricia, I just looked at the map...there are 5 tropical systems out there right now. Take your pick.

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

I will start bringing my potted plants and seedlings in this afternoon. It's quite a chore and I dread it.

I've called my friends in the Houma-Thibodeaux area and offered my home to them. I know from Katrina that I can handle 15 people here.

My daughter and I are Red Cross volunteers. She is being activated prior to landfall. I have been notified that I will be activated immediately after landfall. I need to put my badge in the car just in case of early activation.

Please, evacuate if you are in the projected path. Nothing is more important than your life. Also, please evacuate to a more populated area if you require specialized medical equipment and live in a rural area where power is not restored quickly.

Take care!

• WOODSGRANNY
    Original Author
    15 years ago

amelia,where in la are you located? we evacuated for rita,but are choosing to stay home for this one.i'm not sure if this is a good idea watching the weather channel.l't looks like it's headed to lake charles now,and we're right close(15 miles)for rita it was total devastation.just almost back to normal and here we go again.
    ya'll try to be safe,and we all pray for each other.
    best to all,patricia

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

I'm in Zachary, just north of Baton Rouge. We were hit pretty hard. However, I belong to a club in the Houma-Thibodeaux area. I still have not been able to contact everyone. I do know one couple lost their roof but they were not injured.

Electricity was restored to our home this afternoon!!!!!!!

• Donna
    15 years ago

My New Orleans friends that blew in with Gus just left this morning. Heard back from them tonight. The traffic has cleared out alot and they had power within two hours of arriving home. Katrina did a number on us similar to what Baton Rouge had this time. My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who were hit. It's impossible to explain to people who don't live here what it's like. But, oh my, I am so grateful for New Orleans....

• amaryllis6
    15 years ago

I live in lower Terrebonne and had the eye of Gus and the floods of Ike. Thankfully I elevated to 8 feet 2 years ago and had 8 inches of water on the cement under the house and 3 feet in the street.Lots of potted plants had to be moved to the plant room and had to elevate lawn mowers and things dragging like lawn furniture. Very different when you don't have a flooded house when there is a flood. This is our way of life.

Sponsored