Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
live_oak_lady

After the hurricane

live_oak_lady
19 years ago

If it is possible to attend to your potted plants quickly after the hurricane is over, do so. Many times the debris that collects i.e. wet leaves, roofing pieces etc. cause rotting. And, watch out for snakes that have taken refuge in the pots.

Let's hope we can all get through this without anyone being injured. Hurricane Ivan is a scary one. Take care everyone and God bless.

Coleen

Comments (3)

• nanadeb1
    19 years ago

Let's hope all is well after Ivan...It's sad to say, but I spent all afternoon protecting my little seedlings and potted plants outside.

A large frog jumped out of one pot, so I can imagine the snakes that will try to seek shelter in the pots.

Everyone take cover, I don't like the looks of Ivan...

Coleen, what does your hubby say, is Ivan going to turn??

• phill_LA
    19 years ago

Hi Coleen,
    Thanks again for the tips. Hoping you will stay safe where ever you decided to stay. Still picking up the last few plants, almost done. I wish this would just hurry up and get over with. I went through Betsy and still remember very well. And yes, we still are staying.
    Stay Safe
    Phillis in Marrero

• Filafan200
    19 years ago

I live in Gulfport and we had a mandatory evacuation for everybody living south of I-10. It was almost impossible to find a motel room that wasn't booked up and we finally did find one in Hot Springs, AR. After a VERY long trip (took us 7 1/2 hours to go the first 150 miles)we got there and stayed until Friday morning. Got home to find just some tree limbs in the yards, thankful for that. Most of my garden was done anyway, just a few bell peppers that got ripped up, and I had taken the habaneros inside because they're in a pot. Looks like I'm going to have a lot more the second time around, only got 12 total from both plants the first time.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler