Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After the hurricane

Posted by live_oak_lady Zone 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 15, 04 at 8:56

If it is possible to attend to your potted plants quickly after the hurricane is over, do so. Many times the debris that collects i.e. wet leaves, roofing pieces etc. cause rotting. And, watch out for snakes that have taken refuge in the pots.
Let's hope we can all get through this without anyone being injured. Hurricane Ivan is a scary one. Take care everyone and God bless.

Coleen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After the hurricane

Let's hope all is well after Ivan...It's sad to say, but I spent all afternoon protecting my little seedlings and potted plants outside.

A large frog jumped out of one pot, so I can imagine the snakes that will try to seek shelter in the pots.

Everyone take cover, I don't like the looks of Ivan...

Coleen, what does your hubby say, is Ivan going to turn??

o

Hi Coleen,
Thanks again for the tips. Hoping you will stay safe where ever you decided to stay. Still picking up the last few plants, almost done. I wish this would just hurry up and get over with. I went through Betsy and still remember very well. And yes, we still are staying.
Stay Safe
Phillis in Marrero

o

I live in Gulfport and we had a mandatory evacuation for everybody living south of I-10. It was almost impossible to find a motel room that wasn't booked up and we finally did find one in Hot Springs, AR. After a VERY long trip (took us 7 1/2 hours to go the first 150 miles)we got there and stayed until Friday morning. Got home to find just some tree limbs in the yards, thankful for that. Most of my garden was done anyway, just a few bell peppers that got ripped up, and I had taken the habaneros inside because they're in a pot. Looks like I'm going to have a lot more the second time around, only got 12 total from both plants the first time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here