Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reporting live from......

Posted by nanadeb1 z9 S.LA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 15, 04 at 14:16

Baton Rouge, LA...winds gusting to 25mph now, cloudy, no rain yet.

All the plants are put away, safe & secure, I hope.

Is there any way to protect my Elephant Ears? I know they will blow over, but if I stake them, will they break?

Good luck to all

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reporting live from......

Marrero, LA - winds about 35 mph and getting a little stronger and gusty, It's like a jungle in my house, plants everywhere. Some are still outside well watered and laying on their side.

Nana,
Someone on the Florida forum said to remove stakes, cause they will probably break and the plant will also. Check out the Florida board for more tips, they have been very helpful.
I will report later if we still have power.
Phillis

o

Stay safe all of you.
We are wishing oyu well, and holding you all in our hearts, here in Florida.

It was me that said to unstake them. At least for us, the plants broke off at the place they were teathered, or they pulled the stakes up and beat things with them.

o

Baton Rouge is fine, still some wind, but NO rain.

My daughter lives 50 miles s. of Birmingham, AL and lost power at 8:00 a.m. singles in the yard, and 40 mph winds and an inch of rain in an hour.

Please keep her and my granddaughter in your thoughts, I'm worried about them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here