Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bruggirl100

Zoos o.k. for now, Garden District loses trees

bruggirl100
18 years ago

Here'a a NY Times article about the zoos, with daily updates. It seems they are o.k., except for the aquarium, which may be in trouble. Saddest part is that they evacuated a lot of dolphins to Gulfport, MS.

I also read that the Garden District had a lot of tree damage, but no bad flooding, so while the Audobon Park may never look quite the same, it's still there. I hope the gazebo is still standing.

Comments (4)

• imadabbla
    18 years ago

I had been wondering about how the aquarium fared. I didn't know they had been able to assess much yet.

• gardenelf
    18 years ago

i have seen some recent pics from the garden district and uptown areas and the loss of hundred+ year old oaks is pretty sad.
    also, one of my friends is a keeper at the zoo. while they lost their running water on thursday, they are still in high spirits and all of the animals are okay. they are faring better than people in some other parts of the city.

gardenelf

• pinkie_z8ala
    18 years ago

Thanks so much for posting this. I began worrying about the zoo and the aquarium before the storm hit. I, too, hate the loss of the trees.

• bruggirl100
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Guess God doesn't have to put in for a permit before he cuts down oak trees. :(

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?