Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to's of trimming a PomPom Bush

Posted by grannysibyl 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 27, 06 at 16:26

Does anyone know how much you can trim off a PomPom bush? I know this is not the name of the bush, but the heads of the bush look like pompoms. Mine is well over 15 years old and the heads are very large. I don't want to kill it by cutting off too much, but there are about 10-15 inches of dead branches before you get the green tops. Thank you for any info you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to's of trimming a PomPom Bush

When you first posted this I looked for information on 'PomPom Bush' and couldn't find any. I've been checking back hoping someone knew what it is and could answer you, but I'm guessing everyone else is in the same boat I am. Do you know another name for it? Maybe have a picture? Can't tell you anything without knowing what it is, but are you sure it needs to be trimmed? Lots of people turn their bushes into nice neat poodles and meatballs, but some of us like the natural look--just an idea. Maybe it really needs it to bloom better, or fit your space, or whatever.

o

Sounds like something I have in my Garden. Take a look at this link. There are 8 snowball per limb. The name is on the link.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=japanese+snowball+bush&view=detail&id=691B3E5FD900164699D8C0DD12CE5A0570F21483&first=0

Hope this help.

o

Are you thinking of the Hydrangea? They are blue or red flowered, depending on their soil type.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here