Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulk Manures

Posted by lagreenthumb Louisiana (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 27, 09 at 17:04

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and look forward to participating. Been gardening quite awhile and enjoy it and usually produce a decent garden both spring and fall. I live in Central louisiana and have been searching for a source for bulk manures,compost ect, for quite some time. We used to have a chicken farm close but, no more and it has become difficult to locate anything in bulk quantities. Anyone in Cenla have a good source?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulk Manures

Good question. I also like to know a good source in Baton Rouge. All I could find in bulk quantity are garden soils from Clegg's and Woener.

o

Vegeburger,
Cleggs is the only place I know in BatonRouge. Gardening is popular in my area, but you would not know it by what is availiable. I did pass a place in Forest Hill the other day called Natures Best soils but have not found a contact number yet. They may only sell to the nursuries. Will post when I find out. 3 years ago Lowes was overstocked on manure and peat humis and had a clearance sale. I got a 2400lb pallet of cow manure for $20.00 and got one for a friend too. I wish I would have bought more and have not seen a sale like that again. I will be planting Mustard Greens this morning, then some Clover cover crops for the Winter for a nitrogen trap crop. I had to order last year from California, Sulfate of Potash, which was not availiable here. It is a hassle when no one sells organic supplies.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 18:21

Vegeburger, have you checked with Harb's Oasis?

o

I may know of someone looking for someone to pick up quail manure, about 12 wheelbarrow loads a month. They are located in Denham Springs, just east of Baton Rouge. If that isn't too far a drive, I can send you their email.

o

Hello Cameltoe,
I'm sure someone would be interested.I used to live in Denham Springs until Katrina. It's a good 21/2 to 3 hr drive for me but feel free to send that email and I will check into the details. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here