Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bruggirl100

You now have a conversations forum!!!

bruggirl100
18 years ago

We lobbied for ya' over at Suggestions and Comments, and you now have a Conversation forum so you can discuss off topic stuff about the storm, finding loved ones, helping out, whatever.

Enjoy!!!

Comments (14)

• lisa455
    18 years ago

Thank you!

• bruggirl100
    Original Author
    18 years ago

My pleasure, and that of the others who asked also.

• bruggirl100
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just posting to keep this up top where everyone can see it.

• HanArt
    18 years ago

I don't think the problem was lack of a "conversations forum" as much as the inability to keep politics out of the Katrina discussions. Like it or not, the two go hand in hand.

This forum has always been slow. Not sure that having another 'room' to supposedly have off-topic discussions will make that much of a difference.

• greenelbows1
    18 years ago

I apreciate the conversations forum and will try to post there. If you think the politics is why the Katrina posts got lifted--and I'm not saying it wasn't--you should read some of the posts on other forums I hang out in! Boy, did I get my ears pinned back by someone from New York, I think, who knew MUCH more about Katrina than I did! The whole thread was pretty political, and not in a conversations forum either. There are lots of posts about Katrina in lots of forums I'm sure, and it's hard to be totally apolitical about a situation so fraught with politics--from all sides and all points of view.

• bruggirl100
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HanArt, I don't know why you are always so negative, but whether you like it or think it was necessary, your forum got a gift. Why can't you just say thank you and leave it at that?

The conversations forum was created for people to discuss whatever they wanted. If they want to discuss politics and get into arguments, I'm sure it will be dealt with accordingly. In the meantime, obviously, GW thought it was a good idea, so it's there. Try to enjoy it.

• jim2k
    18 years ago

Thank you so very much! Jim

• HanArt
    18 years ago

bruggirl, since first having contact with you a couple months ago via email when you were supposedly banned from GW .... and subsequently being accused by you of having something to do with that, I take most of what you do and say with a huge grain of salt. Like I told you then, I don't know you from Adam and have NEVER reported a post (by you or anyone) to Spike or iVillage.

Not sure what your motive is here, but I'm just telling it as I see it. It's a slow forum and unlikely to see a surge in activity with the creation of a conversations forum.

• bruggirl100
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I will not argue with you. You are constantly trying to stir the pot, as everyone can see, so I won't contribute to it.

• Heavinsent
    18 years ago

Where is it? I can't even find it.

• Heavinsent
    18 years ago

Nevermind I got it.

• laa_laa
    18 years ago

How do we find the'conversation' forum? It sounds great.
    L.

• live_oak_lady
    18 years ago

Sounds great but I am too busy cleaning up and rebuilding from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita to converse.
    By the way, the live oaks in the New Orleans area are beautiful and though a little tattered, stood up to the hurricane winds quite well. Very few of the big oaks were felled and Audubon Park and City Parks live oaks are standing tall and proud.

• sassy270380
    18 years ago

hi there bruggirl1100
    from la. myself,morgan city that is