Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
live_oak_lady

Plaquemines Parish hit hard by Ivan

live_oak_lady
19 years ago

Hurricane Ivan hit the mouth of the River area and the people in Plaquemines took a hard hit. Many lost their homes and there is a lot of damage. I have not heard about the citrus crop. The people there make a living in fishing and citrus.

Can anyone report?

Comments (3)

• mrskjun
    19 years ago

I just got an email from my best friend who lives in Buras. They had a few limbs down but otherwise ok. Down in Venice which is the southern most tip of the parish there was damage. Mobile homes etc. They are going to take a ride down that way and let me know what they find.

Betty

• greenelbows1
    19 years ago

So now Ivan is back and we're getting lots of much-needed rain--but maybe more than some folks needed, especially Cameron parish and over that way. Is this a weird season or what? Be well, everybody!

• live_oak_lady
    Original Author
    19 years ago

St. Bernard Parish also had a lot of damage from Ivan. There are people there without homes. It is so strange, the hurricanes are coming from every direction. When Ivan came around again there was flooding in Leeville and Port Fouchon and Grand Isle. Tropical season and tropical "breezes".

Sponsored