Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plaquemines Parish hit hard by Ivan

Posted by live_oak_lady Zone 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 04 at 20:47

Hurricane Ivan hit the mouth of the River area and the people in Plaquemines took a hard hit. Many lost their homes and there is a lot of damage. I have not heard about the citrus crop. The people there make a living in fishing and citrus.
Can anyone report?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plaquemines Parish hit hard by Ivan

I just got an email from my best friend who lives in Buras. They had a few limbs down but otherwise ok. Down in Venice which is the southern most tip of the parish there was damage. Mobile homes etc. They are going to take a ride down that way and let me know what they find.

Betty

o

So now Ivan is back and we're getting lots of much-needed rain--but maybe more than some folks needed, especially Cameron parish and over that way. Is this a weird season or what? Be well, everybody!

o

St. Bernard Parish also had a lot of damage from Ivan. There are people there without homes. It is so strange, the hurricanes are coming from every direction. When Ivan came around again there was flooding in Leeville and Port Fouchon and Grand Isle. Tropical season and tropical "breezes".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here