Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do we have a compost facility in La?

Posted by soundgarden 8b/9 N.O. La (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 12, 04 at 22:24

I keep hearing about all these other states that have "compost sites" where the city puts leaves and grass clippings in huge piles to make compost and I was wondering if we have anything like that around here.

What about free mulch? Have any of you ever called local tree companies and asked them to bring you their truck loads of tree chips to use as mulch? Do you have any other suggestions for free mulch?
Thanks, Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do we have a compost facility in La?

Write the Parkways department in Jefferson Parish at WNocito@jeffparish.net and ask. There is a horse barn on the River Road in Jefferson Parish with wonderful composted manure. Drive your pickup truck and get all you want for free.

o
RE: Do we have a compost facility in La?

We have a great facility in Lafayette. They pick up yard wastes and compost them and we can pick up the free compost. More places should do it--it cuts way down on stuff that would otherwise go into the landfills, and it's a wonderful resource for people, especially if you have a good strong back, which I don't. They will dump it in your pick-up for you, or you can fill containers or garbage bags yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here