Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Hurricane in the Making?

Posted by live_oak_lady Zone 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 4, 04 at 22:40

I see another disturbance out there. My meteorologist husband says that this is the one that is going to come into the Gulf. So, start looking around your yard and thinking what you want to put away, make cuttings from etc.
The poor Florida people--the tension must be awful, not to mention what they'll find and not find when they get back home.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Hurricane in the Making?

Guess that's why I've been in the yard all day, potting seedlings and taking cuttings...No offense, but I sure do hope your hubby is wrong on this one coming into the gulf.

I don't want to wish it on anyone else, so maybe it will just head east out to the open waters.

Nana

o

I've never been a fan of the 'just go blow somewhere else' philosophy either. Wish we could figure a way to get a couple inches of rain without anyone getting damaged though! I've been watching the devastation in Florida with such sorrow--people's lives, and the beautiful tropical plants that had been so lovingly cared for, and pets---

o

• Posted by jim2k mississippi (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 6, 04 at 11:47

I think he's right the way looks we may get it.Been awhile sent's we have had one.good luck Jim

o

What is your meteorologist husband saying now? They keep shifting the track, and at the same time they're saying it's highly uncertain after 3 days. I hate to think of it hitting Florida, but I sure don't want it here either!

o

He says "stay alert."

o

It's getting waaayyy too close for comfort!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here