Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Bayou's hibiscus sale

Posted by amelia_pepper_lady 8B/9 LA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 3, 08 at 16:03

The hibiscus sale at Blue Bayou water park in Baton Rouge is happening now. I haven't been yet but read the sign on the way to work and on the way home each day. (Must stop!)

Hibiscus - 7 colors - 3' to 5'

$5 each
or $4 each if purchasing 10 or more

Does anyone know why a water park would have an annual hibiscus sale?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Bayou's hibiscus sale

i think they decorate the grounds with hibiscus every year, and sell them at the end of the season. then next year, start over with new ones. ... just my 2 cents

o
RE: Blue Bayou's hibiscus sale

Have you been to Blue Bayou? (The water park not the plant shop.) I had a season pass the year before last and I went as much to look at the 100s (maybe 1000s) of hibiscuses in bloom as I did to play on the water slides. It is beautiful. Every path, every walkway, every building is lined with hibiscuses. You wouldn't question the hibiscus sale if you ever saw the park.

It doesn't have any of the huge show stoppers like Louisiana Nursery (or the mail order Hidden Valley Hibiscus), but if you want a good selection of prolific 4-6 in bloomers I don't think you'll find anything better in town.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here