Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what kind of fruit tree do i have growing in my yard?

Posted by riverwoman southern louisiana (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 07 at 17:25

i have this (fruit?) tree that grows in my backyard and am a loss to tell what it is. at first i thought it was from the citris family but now upon closer inspection...it looks more like a tomato. i know this can not be so because it grows on a tree about 10 feet tall. they are green at first and then turn bright orange. they also have a flower type petal at the top of the ? someone please help me identify my plant! i have a picture but am not sure how to get it out!
thank you
candace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what kind of fruit tree do i have growing in my yard?

Hey Candace,
Just off the top of my head (keep in mind in only 5 ft 2)
it sounds like a pomagranete. I know that's not how to
spell it but it's close. Does it have a hard skin and
small seeds inside?
Hope this helps.
Brenda

o

Candice
The fruit you describe could be a Persimmon but their flowers are almost unnoticeable. What color is the flower? If your picture is digital (jpeg) you could open a free account on Photobucket and direct link it here. After you open the account just copy the direct link and paste it into your post.
Here is the link to Photobucket http://photobucket.com/

o

We had a Loquat Tree in California, that sounds like what you have. Wife made very good jam out of it. The fruit was mostly seed.
Norm

o

That's definitely a Japanese Persimmon, after it softens, it's very good to eat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here