Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msflora_gw

Crape Myrtles

msflora
12 years ago

Hey! We moved to our present home about 3 years ago. We're now about 15 miles from the coast but were only about a mile from the beach at our last home. I brought some of my plants with me -of course :) one type of which is some Crape Myrtles, three of them. They were only about a foot tall (babies from under a large one I had) when I planted them here and I noticed one of them before it bloomed it got an ugly powdery black film almost all over it this year and alot of the plants under it did too. Also for it's size it should've had way more blooms. My other two did'nt have the problem. They're in more sandy soil that I didn't improve before planting that gets morning shade and afternoon sun and they have barely grown and have'nt bloomed. The one with the problem is in a bed that I improved the soil in and it has tripled in height and girth and it gets sun up until about 3pm in the summer but hardly any sun this time of year and throughout the winter - there are alot of trees to the south of it. Anyone else have this problem or know what it is and how to fix it? Thanks, Leslie

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County