Sun, Nov 9, 08 at 22:48

What is a good plum varity for south west Louisian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good plums

Hmmm, seems nobody knows.

o

FWIW, I planted 5 trees (Bruce, Methley, and Santa Rosa) 4 years ago. All died, except one Bruce. Last year I made 2 plums. Last year I planted a Hog (or Flatwoods) plum. We'll have to see if that one does any better. I live in Houma.

o

To me, the best plums are actually the small wild ones, that are grrn when immature and yellow when matured. Anyone knows where to get these trees?

o

You mean Japanese Plum Trees?
I've got a few, matter of fact, been pulling out small seedlings , throwing them in the next field, found few of them dried in the lining of the wren nest, love those little birds, great singers, for one.
Japanese plums are found in the woods around here-squirrels spread the seeds.
I live in Belle Chasse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here