Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

A trial for 5 varieties of large blooming marigolds

bugbite
12 years ago

Hi,

Are you interested in participating in a trial of 5 varieties of Marigolds? The trial will be made up of two people from each of seven states in hot, humid southern climates, plus my garden in NE Florida.

The seeds will be provided to you free.

Three marigolds are recent introductions from a seed developer who developed the marigolds for field production of commercial marigold blooms in hot, humid climates of SE Asia. They are impressive. The other two varieties are standard varieties for comparison.

These varieties are "big, beautiful cutting flowers". They can be seen in the link below. They are:

1. Babuda - tall

2. Bali - Semi-tall

3. Nari - Dwarf

4. Inca1 or Moonsong - Semi-tall

5. Discovery - Dwarf

The colors will vary.

The requirements are 1. that you are an experienced home gardener who grows plants from seed and 2. that you are willing to update a web page at least monthly on your progress (whether it be a success or failure). The website is powered by Google so you will have to sign in to Google to get access to your page. The updates are simple; you just add a comment. 3. When available add a picture of your flowering plants and a summary of your overall opinion.

If you are interested email me at Marigolds2012@gmail.com

I am a retired home gardener and do this for fun. I do not get paid. The seed developer supplies the seeds; I personally pay for packaging and shipping the seeds to you. And of course you do the hard part; but hopefully it will be very rewarding.

You should plant and grow the marigolds as you would normally do. But please include a little info in your email about your soil, your fertilizer philosophy, how you grow from seed, and how you water.

Thanks,

Bob

Marigolds2012@gmail.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Click to see marigolds

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor