Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you grow tomatoes from seed?

Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 31, 09 at 13:37

Which ones are you trying this year? I need to start looking through catalogs and make a list.

Repeats will be Sun Gold, Cherokee Purple, and Brandy Boy. The rest are undecided at this point.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you grow tomatoes from seed?

Ive always grown my tomatoes and peppers from seed. Last year everything got to about 6" and then stopped growing and died. First time thats happened to me. Oh well. Ill try again this year.

o
RE: Do you grow tomatoes from seed?

I will be starting mine from seed in mid-feb. I have about 45 varieties picked out and plan on doing 4 plants of each, maybe only 2 of cherries and 5 of some of the bigger ones.....(i have a big garden area :-) ....headliners are brandywine, black krim, carbon, cherokee purple, black and red boar, coyote, and white wonder, which I really liked last year, although I have heard many say that they find white tomatoes to be bland.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here