Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wher can I buy satsuma trees?

Posted by satsumaman (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 07 at 19:39

Does anyone know where I can buy satsuma trees in southern Mississippi or southern Louisiana(or southern Alabama)? I am looking for St Anne, LA Early, Miho, and Seto varieties. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wher can I buy satsuma trees?

I don't live there anymore since Katrina, but in Belle Chase LA there was citrus trees for sale I can't remember the family that sold them. Becnel? Also I know for sure this weekend I was in Wiggins Ms between Hattiesburg and Gulfport on Hwy 49 and they were selling bagged satsumas and trees. Can't vouch that they were satsuma trees but I assume so. This was on hwy 26, downtown wiggins right by the railroad tracks. I had bought a meyer lemon and satsuma from Belle Chase pre-Katrina and they were very successful with good crops. They died in katrina of course.

o

I was at Berrytown Produce in Hammond the other day and they had quite a few nice looking Satsuma trees for sale.

o

• Posted by timh z8 E.Tx. (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 17, 08 at 8:35

You can get Seto and Miho at any K-Mart...BUT, you will have to order them. Their supplier (Greenvalley Growers)is in Texas...there are issues with shipping, at least to La. due to citris canker. Usually, if special ordered, no one notices. Ask the garden center mgr. to call or tell the sales rep to order them for you. Green Valley has a large selection of Satsumas to pick from.
Up here in z 8a, I am having a problem with cold hardiness with Seto and Miho, where you are, no sweat. They will cost you about 27 bucks each. Remember, K-Mart garden center managers, as a rule, are dumber than a load of bricks and probably wont have a clue what you are talking about. Not their faults, K-Mart does not train/care about their employees in regards to garden.

o

Southside Produce fruit & vegetable stand in Baton Rouge carries Satsuma (and other citrus) trees - year round, I think? Seems like I remember seeing a price of around $15. However, I do not recall any of the varieties you mentioned. Given this, you might also want to check to see if produce markets in other nearby cities will carry the trees.

o

Im purchased mine at Fazzio's on Hwy. 53 in Gulfport.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here