Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rice Paper Plant

Posted by Lynn8ms z8MS (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 1, 04 at 20:59

I have a rice paper plant that is in full bloom. It's huge and very pretty. The strange thing is that the flowers are covered with all sorts of insects, i.e. bees, skeeters, tiny wasp, several kinds of beetles and to top it off, a bunch of house flies. It has no aroma that I can detect but is surly attracts the bugs.
What does these flowers have that would attract such a variety of bugs in such a large number?
Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rice Paper Plant

I was hoping that someone would come along and answer this because I grow rice paper plant also. I will guess a plant equivalent of a pheromone of some sort.

o
RE: Rice Paper Plant

Yeah, I was hoping for an answer too. They sure do seem to please a vast number of insects, but I can't imagine why.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here