Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
oh no, back ordered

Posted by birdiewi 4b/5a WI (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 17, 09 at 7:49

I just placed my order with SSE last night. The Cherokee Trail of Tears are back orderd :( I am wondering what this means. Will they be available by spring? Or should I find another source? Any one have any advice or an alternative source?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: oh no, back ordered

I could be wrong, but my guess is that they'll either get them to you in time to plant them, or else, quite soon, they will return your money and notify you to obtain it somewhere else. In other words, if they say "back ordered," instead of "out of stock," they will probably get you your seed in plenty of time to plant this year.

George
Tahlequah, OK

o

I would send an email to their customer service and see what they say. Most likely they will get more in stock by spring.

Dean

o

True! Never thought about that! "Back ordered" is much better than "out of stock". I should have saved some seed last year but I fear I got my Cherokee Trail of Tears mixed with my Ideal Market. They are so similar I can't tell. This year the only black bean I am growing is Cherokee Trail of Tears... at least I hoped it would be.

I did send customer service an email but haven't heard back yet.

o

Oh happy day! They arrived in the mail on Saturday!

o

I am horrible with acronyms. Who is SSE?

Thanks. SL

o

You are no worse than I am. :)

SSE is Seed Savers Exchange.

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Savers Exchange

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beans, Peas & Other Legumes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here